Advertising Terms & Conditions
Last update: 4 June 2018
Billions & Billions Ltd (the Publisher) is a publisher of the IT’S HAPPENING! website and newsletter. Billions & Billions Ltd terms and conditions for this publication are incorporated herein, and the Advertiser by submitting a request for an advertising or sponsorship insertion (the Ad) agrees to comply with such terms.
Acceptance of Advertising
- Advertising requests needs to be submitted by the Advertiser at least 7 days in advance of desired publication date.
- All requests must be submitted by the Advertiser by completing our advertising form itshappening.co/advertise. This provides the Publisher with the basic information needed to write the Ad.
- Other supporting materials might be required by the Publisher.
- All materials supplied for use in the Ad are subject to the review and approval of the Publisher. The Publisher reserves the right to reject any request that it considers inappropriate.
- The Publisher may suggests different publication dates if the desired ones are not available, the advertiser has the right to accept or reject these new dates.
- The Advertiser acknowledges that the Publisher writes all Ads in the Publisher’s editorial style and voice and has total editorial control over such insertions.
- The Publisher will endeavor to publish Ads promptly and accurately.
- The Advertiser shall notify the Publisher of any errors immediately. Upon notification, errors will be corrected in Publisher’s archives, as well as in the next available comparable insertion within the same order, as determined by the Publisher
- From time to time and in exceptional situations, the Publisher may choose to publish an issue late or on a different day to its typical publication, in which case Ads may be published on a different date to that ordered. In such cases, the Advertiser will be notified in advance.
- If an issue is cancelled entirely, remedies as outlined in ‘Cancellation’ will apply.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject any potential Advertiser it does not deem relevent or appropriate for publication.
- The material required for an Ad may comprise: text, images, logos, urls, promo codes. The current material specifications can be found at itshappening.co/advertise.
- The Advertiser acknowledges that time is of the essence in providing requested information and materials to the Publisher, and the Advertiser’s failure to meet the time requirements or any applicable specifications may delay or prevent delivery of the insertions. The Publisher cannot guarantee refunds or compensation of any type in such cases.
- The Publisher will present the Advertiser with a preview of the Ad before it is published. At this point, the Advertiser has the opportunity to request changes to the Ad.
- The Publisher has a strict editorial policy and only accepts factual changes, not stylistic ones.
- The Publisher accepts a single round of reviews. That is, the Advertiser may request changes one time per Ad.
- Prior to the publication of an ad in a single order, either party may cancel the order at any time on 30 days’ written notice
- If the Advertiser has already paid the Publisher for the order and no scheduled Ad has been published or is due to be published in the following 7 days, the Publisher will refund to the Advertiser the full fees presently paid unless other arrangements have been made.
- If the Publisher fails to run an Ad (even if late) or ceases to publish a publication, the Advertiser may demand that the Publisher refund any fees applicable to that Ad, and in the case of ceasing a publication, may demand a refund of all fees applicable to that publication.
- If either party cancels, the Advertiser’s sole remedy will be a refund of any pre-paid fees in excess of the fees owed to Billions & Billions Ltd for the Ads delivered prior to cancellation or to be delivered in the following 7 days.
Responsibility for Material
- The Advertiser represents and warrants to the Publisher that it is authorized to publish the contents and subject matter supplied in all materials (including, without limitation, all text and images), and that all materials comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- The Advertiser represents it has the corporate rights, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of it hereunder, and its execution of this Agreement does not and will not violate any agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound, or any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the Advertiser agrees unconditionally to indemnify and hold harmless Billions & Billions Ltd. and its affiliates from and against any and all loss, liability and expense suffered or incurred by reason of any claims, proceedings or legal action based on or arising out the contents or subject matter of such advertising material, including without limitation claims for defamation, violation of rights of publicity and/or privacy, copyright infringement, and trademark infringement and/or a breach by Advertiser of any representation, warranty or obligation to be performed by Advertiser hereunder.
Commitment and Payment Terms
- The order is confirmed when publication dates have been agreed and an invoice has been issued to Advertiser.
- Advertising rates are subject to change. Bulk discounts and prices for Ads booked in advance are fixed when booked.
- Once Advertising orders are confirmed by the Publisher, the Advertiser agrees to be liable for the cost of such order. Unless otherwise agreed, Advertiser will pay the Publisher the total fee due for all Ads on a single order in a single payment within 21 days.
- In addition to all other rights and remedies, the Publisher may cancel and remove any Ads that are not paid for in the above time period.
- All services provided to the Advertiser that are the subject of these terms and conditions are provided without warranties of any nature, and Billions & Billions Ltd disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Billions & Billions Ltd be liable to the Advertiser for an amount in excess of the total amount actually received by Billions & Billions Ltd from the Advertiser for the Ads at issue.
- Unless otherwise agreed, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- If any provision of these standard terms and conditions is found invalid or unenforceable pursuant to judicial decree or decision, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable, and the unenforceable provisions shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
- All notices to Billions & Billions Ltd relating to any legal claims or matters should be made in writing to: Billions & Billions, The Werks, 15-17 Middle Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AL, UK - alternatively, email communications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org but such notices may only be considered delivered upon response and confirmation of acceptance by an official representative of Billions & Billions Ltd.